Updated August 5, 2020. See this twitter thread for details.
Sometimes people will ask me about survey tools, or I’ll see a solution that I want to keep an eye on. Therefore, I’ve created this list of survey and form building tools that I will keep updated.
Most of these tools share similar basic features. Others add more sophisticated options that start to blur the lines between survey and analysis tools to full-featured customer research and satisfaction platforms. Here are some of the attributes they share or offer exclusively:
- Quickly and easily create a form-based survey
- Control the visual formatting of the form layouts (from basic color and text styling to custom branding)
- Ability to distribute the survey via email, web or messaging
- Options to be kept informed of responses via email or other integrations
- Data aggregation of the survey response results
- A range of analysis features for survey results ranging from basic to in-depth analytics
The list below compiles software ranging from simple and free online survey builders to comprehensive paid feedback management systems that track the “Voice of Customer” and NPS.
Inspired in part by
- The Ultimate UX Survey Design Guide by Allison Crady
- The 2020 UX Research Tools Map by User Interviews
- On Surveys by Erika Hall
Illustration: Survey by Arafat Uddin from the Noun Project