Profile Header Image Sizes and Templates for Popular Social Media Websites and Apps
Updated: December 28, 2020
A lot has changed since I originally posted this blog entry eight-plus years ago 🤯.
There are new specifications to follow for Twitter, and many new tools like Sketch and Figma have emerged to usurp Photoshop and make it less likely for people to need a “PSD” file template to create their header artwork.
Here are the current specs as of the ‘Updated’ date above.
Twitter Profile Images
From “How to customize your profile” on Twitter’s official Help website:
- Header photo, also known as a “banner” (recommended dimensions are 1500×500 pixels)
- Profile photo (recommended dimensions are 400×400 pixels)
Third Party Templates
Here are some helpful links to templates & plugins for Social Media profile imagery (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, and more) that work with popular design tools:
- Photoshop (PSD) 6 Social Wireframe Template on ui8
- Figma Community Social Media Templates
- Sketch App Artboard presets for social media images
- Adobe XD: Social Media Artboards
- Canva Social Media Graphics Creator
Other Related Social Networks
Looking for profile image specifications for the following popular social media sites? Sprout Social has a helpful page called Always Up-To-Date Guide to Social Media Image Sizes for the following services.